Tuesday 15 December 2009

Pre-production roles

In pre-production I was assigned as post-production editor for our groups round. This job included sorting out VT inserts that were to be played in our round during the live show. Our round was the TV round so after we had brainstormed about 20 questions we cut them down to 6 of the best then I found the graphics, videos or music to go with each question by getting the images off Google, downloading the MP3’s and getting the videos needed off YouTube. My role also required me to contribute to the opening/closing sequences of the show, but due to art directors not turning up and being fairly skilled at art I was involved more with the creating and designing of the set. In this role I gave my thoughts to how the set should look, I helped paint the set and also drew some of the designs onto the flats. As well as this due to people either being away or not contributing me and Laurie had to get boards re-cut so that it would fit the design specification of the head art director. During rehearsals and early practices I was a cameraman, camera assistant, vision mixer, sound operator and audience member.

No comments:

Post a Comment